Wednesday 3 February 2016

What's In My Handbag


This seems to be a popular blogger post and I love reading them, so I thought I'd let you have a nose at what I currently carry around with me everyday. 


Bag - The handbag itself is from Ted Baker and was a Christmas present a few years ago but I find it is perfect for carrying everything I need on a daily basis. It's a large tote bag with 3 large sections and lots of pockets for all the smaller items.


The Contents -


Make Up Bag - The make up bag and mirror are from Radley and I've had them for years but they are still going strong. May be I need to go on a shopping spree for some new ones!

Pressed Powder - Perfect for touch ups during the day and to cover any shiny patches. I've been using No7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder but it can be too drying on my skin. I'm on the look out for a new one, so if anyone has any recommendations then I'd love to hear from you.

Lip Balm - I've been using Nivea Lip Care Soft Rose for ages and it is as good as some of the more expensive brands. It keeps my lips lovely and soft and I also use it before I apply my lipstick.

Lip glosses - I also have a few lip glosses in my bag and No7 BB Lips in Ballerina and Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Lunch Date are both really lovely, plus they go with every outfit. I did promise myself that I would try out some bolder lip colours in the next few months as I tend to stick to nudes and pale pinks. 

Highlighter - Great for covering up any areas under my eyes during the day. I'm currently carrying YSL Touche Eclat but down to the last dregs of this and will switch to my No 7 one which is just as good and a lot cheaper. 

Mascara - I'm trying out Eyeko Black Magic Mascara at the moment as this one came free with the December issue of Glamour magazine. I really like it as it gives lots of volume and curl without needing to use eyelash curlers.

Powder Brush - This is part of a set of mini brushes by Dior and came free with a few purchases I made some years ago but it's just the right size to carry in my handbag.


Purse - This one is by Ted Baker and I was lucky enough to receive this a few Christmases ago. Essential for carrying all my cards, money, stamps and receipts.

Hand cream - I suffer from very dry hands, especially during the winter so I always carry a hand cream with me. I've found Neal's Yard wild rose hand cream really moisturises my skin and keeps my hands lovely and soft.

Facial Mist - I love using Melvita Rose Beauty Mist if I need a quick freshen up during the day or my skin starts to feel a bit dry. It also smells gorgeous.

Perfume - This is one of those items that I swap around depending on what mood I'm in, but at the moment I am using Eternity by Calvin Klein. I wore this on my wedding day so it has very special memories for me.

Sunglasses - You never know when the sun will actually come out and surprise us all so I always carry a pair of sunglasses with me. These ones are from La Redoute and I got them at the beginning of last summer.

Other essentials - There are just a few things that I cannot leave the house without, such as earphones for listening to music on the go, my keys, a nail file, a pack of tissues and a hair brush. This one is by Denman and comes with a mirror on the handle, which is perfect if I want to use it in one of my smaller handbags.


Diary and Pens - I'm trying to get better at organising my time so I bought this Moleskine Diary. It has the diary section on one side and a page for notes opposite. 

Tablet and mobile - Both my Samsung tablet and mobile go everywhere with me, I use them for everything from watching YouTube videos, catching up on social media, sending emails and making those all important phone calls.

I hope you liked this post and thank you for reading. What things do you keep in your handbag everyday that are absolute essentials?

You'll also find me on

No comments:

Post a Comment