Wednesday 23 March 2016

Things I love about Spring


Spring has to be my favourite time of year. After months of cold weather, dark days and being wrapped up in several layers of clothing. Spring really does make me feel more optimistic and full of energy. I start to make plans and feel much more positive about actually achieving them.
So I thought I'd do something a little different to my usual fashion or beauty post and tell you why I love the Spring.




Lighter evenings - I'm not a morning person so I really don't like the shorter winter days. In Spring the days start to get longer and it's lovely to look out of the window or go outside after 6pm and it's still day light. 

Better weather - hopefully! I really don't like feeling absolutely freezing cold every time I step outside the front door so I really look forward to the change in the weather. I love getting outside and feeling the sun on my face as it instantly lifts my mood. It's lovely to be able to have a window or two open rather than having the heating on full blast, which of course will save on my heating bills!

Easter - The shops are full of Easter eggs and being a chocoholic this is a favourite for me along side Christmas when it's OK to over indulge on chocolate! It's also the time when I bake a chocolate sponge cake and top it off with mini eggs. Plus its an extra long weekend, which is always a bonus.

Flowers - The flush of pretty coloured daffodils, tulips and crocuses really do symbolize Spring. The blossom trees flourish with their beautiful pink flowers and every year I have to buy a hyacinth in yet another pretty pot just because it's Spring.

Getting out more - After being cooped up indoors for what seems like forever over the winter, the warmer weather really makes me more motivated to get outside rather than huddled up inside under a duvet. Everywhere seems so much more enjoyable on a sunnier day. 

Baby animals - Being an animal lover, I'm a big softy when it comes to all the baby animals born in the Spring. They are just so sweet and adorable. A true sign that Spring has arrived.

Lighter make up - all through the winter I wear a heavier foundation and darker eye or lip colours. But as soon as Spring arrives I tone it down and use a lighter base and wear fresh nudes, pinks and peaches.

Lighter layers - I can finally leave my winter coats at home and venture out in a lighter spring jacket. It's great to be able to go out without having to pile on thick layers and it's a good excuse to go shopping as the stores are full of lovely new season clothes.

Sitting outside to have my coffee - I love watching the world go by whilst sitting outside my local coffee shop in the sunshine. I'll even sit outside for a few minutes in my garden and enjoy the fresh air and listen to the birds singing away.

Spring Clean - I don't enjoy the cleaning bit but I do love having an organised home after a big Spring clean. It's also time to pack away my winter clothes and have a good clear out of anything that I'm never going to use again. Although being a bit of a hoarder I really have to be ruthless with myself and decide what to keep and what not to. I have a tendency to go out in the morning leaving my room in a mess from where I've pulled out half of the contents of my wardrobe trying to decide what to wear. So after my big Spring clean i make a concious effort to keep rooms as tidy as possible!
Wonder how long I'll last this year? 

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post. What's your favourite time of year? Do you love the Spring time too?

I've also written a post on what I do to relax which you can read about HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment