Monday 11 April 2016

March Beauty Favourites


I can't believe it's monthly favourites time again! Where did March go? I've been extremely busy and with Easter being earlier this year I've also enjoyed spending time with my family over the extra long weekend. I did manage to find some time to reorganise my makeup storage area which was quite relaxing plus it will be much easier to find things on a daily basis.
So back to the things I've been reaching for the most this month. There are a few new products and an old favourite that I've found a new use for.



Elf Eyes 100 Eyeshadow Palette
This palette has just about every colour under the sun and it's a great inexpensive way to play around with different looks that you may not have tried before. I've loved using this eyeshadow palette. The colours are amazing and blended together really well.
I've written a blog post on one of the looks I've done which you can find HERE


L'Oreal Nude Magique CC Cream Anti Redness
I've never used colour correctors before as I've always been worried about blending them in but I found this CC cream actually does what it says on the bottle. It works with your natural skin tone to help reduce any redness. When you first squeeze it out of the tube it's a green colour then on application it transforms into foundation. I only needed to apply a small amount to see the effects and I found it to be very hydrating and blended in well using my fingers on the areas that I suffer with redness.


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick
I've really been loving this lipstick as I originally bought it to wear with blue eyeshadow but it's so wearable and goes with everything, plus it makes a nice change from my usual day time nudes. I bought the colour Fancy which is a lovely shimmery pink colour. I found it's creamy texture really moisturising and it lasted for ages. With so many incredible colours to chose from I may go back for a few more!


Johnsons Baby Oil
I've used this in the past as a body oil or to take off my eye makeup but last year I read a feature on line that mentioned you could use this for cleaning foundation or cream makeup off of your sponges and brushes. I was out shopping at the beginning of the month and needed to pick up some baby shampoo, which is what I normally use, and I remembered what I'd read so thought I'd give it a try. Well I was absolutely amazed at how putting a tiny drop of baby oil onto the sponge or brush could lift off the foundation so easily. I worked the oil into whichever tool I was cleaning, then gave it a wash through with baby shampoo to get rid of any oily residue and once it was clean I rinsed it through thoroughly with warm water. It bought my foundation and concealer sponges and brushes up so much cleaner than just using baby shampoo on it's own. I shall definitely be using this method from now on.


I got this as birthday gift back in January but have only just started to wear it. I wanted to use something that was a bit lighter than my heavier winter fragrances and this was perfect. It has such a feminine smell and it's not too over powering plus I found it lasts all day. I've really loved wearing this for both daytime and evening so it's definitely got to be on my March favourites list!

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed seeing what beauty products I've enjoyed using this month. What things have you loved during March? Have you tried any of these products and loved them too?


You can also find me on

No comments:

Post a Comment