Monday 20 June 2016

Superdrug Haul

If you're following me on Twitter already you may have seen that a few weeks ago I mentioned I'd been into town and treated myself to a few things. I usually get really excited when I end up coming home with some pretty new products to play around with. I also picked up a few items to replace ones that were almost finished.
My local Superdrug is one of their smaller stores as I live in a quiet little town in Hertfordshire. I do have the option of going to their Stevenage store which has a much larger range of brands in stock, and of course I can always shop on line.
I've not done a Haul post before but I actually love reading them on other blogs or watching haul videos on YouTube so I thought I'd show you what items I picked up.



Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette Hard Day
I am so in love with the Makeup Revolution range at the moment, especially the eyeshadow palettes. I never thought that I would love any other palette other than my beloved Urban Decay Naked ones but oh these are just so gorgeous. This one has 18 colours, 12 shimmer and 6 matte and the colours just looked so pretty that I'm looking forward to trying it out. To be honest, I can't believe I've waited this long!


Makeup Revolution Sculpt & Contour Kit
I've mentioned in a previous post that I prefer powders compared to cream products and this little beauty had to come home with me. It was such a bargain at £3.50 and I like the fact that everything you need is in one cute little palette. I've gone for the lighter shade in Ultra Fair and it is highly pigmented so, as with the blusher palette that I already own (full review HERE), you only need a tiny amount on your brush when applying it. I have used it a couple of times since buying it and the colours are so pretty and the staying power is amazing. I'm not keen on over contouring but this one was perfect for adding some definition to my face.

Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser
I love Maybelline's Age Rewind Eye Concealer so much and with the warmer weather I was on the hunt for a lightweight primer to go under my foundation. I'd seen this one a few times but I always seem to go past the Maybelline stand without actually having a proper look. My skin is dry and sensitive with areas of redness but I can also suffer with open pores around the sides of my nose, I am a complex case! I am looking forward to giving this one a try to see if it really does do the trick. I'll let you know how I get on.

Rimmel Match Perfection Loose Powder
I don't use a lot of powder buy occassional I'll apply some over the top of areas where I've used concealer to set it in place. I'd been using a pressed powder and needed to replace it so while in store I had a browse to see what was available. i've heard a lot about how good Rimmel's powders were from other bloggers so I bought this one to try. I have used it a few times and so far I've loved it. It's not too heavy and doesn't leave my makeup looking all cakey, which I can't stand.


I'm not usually one to jump on the band waggon the moment something new comes out but I had seen Zoella's new Sweet Inspiration range almost everywhere. When I smelt some of the products in store I thought they were just devine and the packaging is just so pretty. Not knowing how I might react to this range on my skin type I thought I'd spray some of the tester first and left it while I went round the rest of the store. I know that's not really long enough but there wasn't any immediate reaction. So far so good. I decided to pick up the body mist as I thought on days when I don't want to wear a heavy purfume this would be ideal. Plus it's small enough that I can carry in my handbag if I wanted to.

Like I needed another makeup bag! Well, yes, I did as the ones I've got are either too big to go in my handbag that I end up taking far too much stuff with me or too small and products end up rolling around in the bottom of my bag where I can't find them. I just loved the colour of this one and it seems the perfect size to carry round all my everyday essentials. I also think the list of favourite things written on the back (there's everything from cupcakes to candles) are just me down to a tee!


Rimmel Brow This Way Styling Gel in Clear
I am rubbish at filling in my eyebrows with a pencil so tend to use a powder kit and to keep them in place I use a clear gel. The one I've been using for years is coming to an end so I needed to pick up some more. I remembered reading that this was supposed to be similar to the Benefit brow gel and I'll be interested to see how it compares to my last brand.


Makeup Revolution Iconic Lipstick
I'm really loving bright lipsticks at the moment which is amazing considering I'm such a fan of nudes. I was at the Makeup Revelation stand for ages swatching different shades and the shade We Were Lovers was one of my favourites. it's a bright pinky red, although the photo on their website makes it look more of a pinky nude. I knew 2016 was going to be a year of moving away from my comfort zone in so many areas and something as simple as a brighter shade of lipstick can make all the difference. I'm hoping to do a makeup post to show you a look using one of my bright lip colours.


Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
Technically, this is not a treat. It's a must for my makeup kit, so that when I've washed my other one I can leave it to dry properly but still have a makeup sponge to use.


Thank you for reading this post and I hope you enjoyed having a look at what items I'd bought in my haul. Have you bought any new products lately? Have you written a post on a recent haul you've done? I'd love to have a read.

You can also find me on

No comments:

Post a Comment