Monday 29 February 2016

Everyday Stripes


I actually surprised myself the other day by venturing out of the house in another print other than floral. I've worn stripes before but I usually style a casual striped T-shirt with jeans but on this occasion I wanted to feel a little more pulled together. 








I love this short sleeved top which I found in Primark. I styled it with a short black trench coat and a plain black knee length skirt. The light weight coat has some pleating detail at the back which gave it a flattering shape. Then I accessorised with my black box back and a pair of dark red heels and it instantly made the outfit feel more chic.
It's such a versatile top and I'll still be able to wear it with my jeans. 
As you may have noticed, I tend to stick with quite a neutral colour palette. This year I want to try and introduce some bolder colours into my wardrobe. So over the next few months you may see me in blue or orange!

Thank you for reading. How would you style stripes? Is a stripey top one of your wardrobe staples? 

Top - Primark
Trench Coat and Skirt - Next
Bag - La Redoute

Take a look at how I styled a floral dress  BOHO


No comments:

Post a Comment